I help small business people with WordPress security and troubleshooting. I get your web sites working, and keep them working.
I’ll help you get clear what is the purpose of your site, so everything you write improves your business and what you do for your customers.
I’ll teach you how to maintain and update your website; or you can hire me to take care of your site while you write good content.
Easy Ways to Add Your Content to Your Site
- Basic HTML and CSS you need to know for WordPress Sites with the Gutenberg Block Editor
- Adding “repeated patterns”, for example image, heading, paragraphs then button, all with one of your site’s background colors
- How to set up page designers like Elementor or Divi, so most pages default to looking good
- How to edit those few “special pages” to look great
- What you can do in WordPress using only the Block Editor, for easiest editing of your content
Improve your Social Media and Search Engine Results
- Control how FaceBook and Twitter mention each page of your site (and all other social media sites that follow those two standards);
- Display the image and excerpt you specify whenever someone mentions any of your website pages.
Update Your Website to a Good Theme
- Have a theme that looks good on all devices, from mobile phones to widescreen monitors;
- A theme that loads quickly;
- With good programming against hackers;
- Consistently using colors and fonts your customers like;
- Make sure every page displays well
Maintenance and Security so Your Website Keeps Working
- Block most hackers from installing malware on your site;
- Good passwords (what we’ve been taught for decades makes passwords that are now easily guessed), kept in Password Keepers;
- How to Avoid Phishing, Spoofing, and other hacker tricks.
- Security training for companies, including password keeper software,
- Backups and backup restoration,
- WiFi security, an important part of keeping your company safe,
- Importance of not installing plugins and themes that haven’t been tested; and importance of frequent updates once they are tested
Modernize Your Website
- Migrate your Outdated Site Into WordPress
- Fix your Broken or Hacked Website, and keep it Working
- Make every page display well on mobile devices
Software, Tools, Training for Using Your Computers Effectively
- Even on outdated hardware, without having to pay for expensive software
- Website development tools for editing and updating your website (the same tools many professional developers use)
- Office suite including word processing and spreadsheet and presentations and more
- Editing Images for social media
- Audio editing for your podcasts
- Business tools like bookkeeping, scheduling, team planning
- Evaluating good Plugins for What Your Site Needs
- Avoid poor programming that lets hackers abuse your site
- Don’t slow down your site with bloated plugins
- Eliminate duplicated features
- I’m very likely better at this than you are, and use experience from many others hosting websites for clients
- Excellent Hosting, Site Speedup, Technical Support
- I’ve evaluated many hosting companies, as a technical support professional
- I take the advice from many professional developers on their experience with hosting companies
- You probably don’t want to put the time into evaluating hosting companies for site speed and for technical support; let us steer you right.
- Technical improvements including Content Security Policy and Email Delivery
Is there something about using your computer, or using WordPress, or making a web page, that is much more complicated than you know it should be?
Confusing? Frustrating? Too complex? Takes too much time?
I’ll show you how to do the basic things you need to do, even in technical topics, in a way that is clear and certain.
I’m a professional web site developer, WordPress developer, and database developer.
I’ve removed hacks from WordPress sites, and installed security to block most “drive-by hacking” or “brute force login” attacks. I recommend hosting companies that do their part (most do not!), keeping you safe from hackers. I keep my clients’ sites safe from all but the worlds worst hackers.
I’ve also worked in technical support for large companies. I am very good at finding actual solutions to people’s computer problems. I can get the best results out of the technical support team for your hosting company — so you won’t have to.
As I find answers to problems, I’ll keep posting them here, (or my more technical solutions site) so come back for more. I write the solutions that I had to look up or a client needed, whether today or I figured it out a while ago.
Need help getting your theme working the way you want? Do you know how to pick a secure, well-written theme? (Few themes are well written, and I can put the pictures and colors you love, into an excellent theme.)
Would you benefit from using WordPress in Multi-Site mode, to save you doing tedious administrative work for multiple sites? If you have several small sites, talking to specific people, you often wind up marketing better than with one combined site.
How important is it, to your business, that your WordPress is set up so it is much less likely to be hacked or get malware added to it?
How might you get information from many web sites into a database so you can use it? Would your clients like to have your information easier to find?
Please let me know what you need — I like finding answers to business people’s actual problems.